Monday, October 25, 2010

Rice Pudding



I discovered this recipe in the November issue of Family Circle. In my opinion, it is one of the easier recipe’s I’ve tried! I’m not usually a fan of rice pudding, but this recipe looked, and sounded delicious I had to try it! When it was cooking on the stove, it was hard not to try a bite because the smell filled my entire apartment with a sweet cinnamon and sugar scent.

Ingredients:
•    4 cups milk
•    1 cup long grain white rice (uncooked)
•    2/3 cup sugar
•    ¼ teaspoon salt
•    ¾ cup raisins
•    ¼ teaspoon allspice

Directions:
•    In a saucepan mix milk, rice, sugar, and salt
•    Bring to a boil on high heat than reduce heat to low
•    Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes
•    Add raisins and allspice
•    Continue to cook covered, stirring occasionally, for about 25 minutes
•    Top with a sprinkle of allspice
•    Serve warm and enjoy!

One thing I discovered with this recipe is to use a larger sauce pan for cooking the rice pudding because otherwise the milk mixture likes to bubble up and boil over the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment